Gemma is an accomplished scientist with a strategic growth mindset. She offers her diverse track record in genetics and food production, having worked in Australia, New Zealand, and Ireland. Her strength lies in working collaboratively with clients and teams to develop outcome-based solutions and identify future opportunities.
She is a people person, who enjoys listening and communicating clearly, and never one to shy away from new challenges. Gemma joined AbacusBio in 2013 with her strong skillset in sequence and genetic variance analysis, as well as her experience in genetic evaluations, breeding objectives and selection, and cost-benefit analyses for impact assessment.
Gemma’s career highlights include:
- Project manager for Dtreo: the easiest way to build your own genetics database
- Key contributor to a successful MBIE bid on regenerative farming in NZ hill country (for B+LNZ)
Her focus within AbacusBio is:
- Project manager Dtreo
- Human genetics
- Animal breeding and genetics
- Variance component and breeding value estimation
- Data handling and analysis
Projects involved in:
- Cancer genomics
- Breeding for low Nitrogen producing cows