Born and raised in Poland, Kat joined AbacusBio in 2013 and is an expert on animal breeding and genetics with special interest in genetic variability and the long term consequences of selection.
Her experience in the genetic evaluation of sheep and cattle, variance components estimation, economic selection indexes and the identification of key ancestors for sequencing and genotyping, give her a comprehensive understanding of animal breeding imperatives.
Her focus within AbacusBio is:
- Estimation of breeding values
- Variance component estimation
- Simulation of breeding programs
- Pedigree analysis
Projects involved in:
- Dairy National Breeding Objectives
- Once a Day Milking
- Improving cow fertility
- New selection index for Polish dairy cattle