Megan enjoys the thrill of working with farmers and creating a positive, lasting impact in New Zealand agriculture. With a broad knowledge base in nutrient management and her skills group facilitation and negotiation, Megan thrives on being able to develop practical solutions for challenges on-farm and across the value chain.
Megan joined AbacusBio in 2017. Having grown up in a sheep and beef farm and graduated with a molecular biology degree at the University of Otago, she brings versatility to clients in achieving their goals, whether environmental, genetic, or farming system changes.
Megan’s career highlights include:
- Successfully running Ani-Mate in 2019
- Being involved in several farmer-led projects (organising B+LNZ Innovation Farms Conference, facilitating RMPP groups)
Her focus within AbacusBio is:
- Agricultural systems and technology
- On-farm applied research
- Technology adoption and implementation
- Facilitation and project management
Projects involved in:
- B+LNZ Innovation Farms
- Red Meat Profit Partnership
- Ani-Mate: The easiest method to minimize inbreeding