Peter is a world-class scientist, renowned for his multi-faceted approach to designing and developing effective breeding programs. He has a talent for creating practical innovative solutions that apply to a range of complex issues, whether it be technical, commercial, or political. It is not surprising that his problem-solving capabilities are widely sought around the world.
Peter joined AbacusBio in 2001, having led numerous projects on delivering high-quality statistical, genetic, and economic analysis and strategy to international breeding programs across a wide range of farmed species including sheep, beef, and dairy.
Peter’s career highlights include:
- Successfully identifying trait priorities and developing cost-effective designs for practical breeding programs
- Being part of a team including both AbacusBio staff and clients, that successfully deliver new and innovative solutions as part of large complex projects
Projects involved in:
- New Zealand King Salmon
- Dairy National Breeding Objectives
- Genetics advances aquaculture programme
- Once a Day Milking
- Genetic Evaluation of Irish Sheep Flock
- AbacusBio loves Otago Polytechnic
- Sheep and beef breeding
- Dairy breeding objectives
- Improving cow fertility
- British Texel sheep genetics
- Role of maternal genetics and genomics in beef breeding
- Dtreo: The easiest way to build your own genetics database!
- New selection index for Polish dairy cattle
- Adding value to bovine genetics