Jonah specialises in improving agricultural production systems, using world-class research insights and technology around data science, GIS and satellite remote sensing, and open-source software.
Jonah joined AbacusBio in 2019, with a key expertise in ‘big-picture’ technology strategy and business development. He also enjoys building cross-cultural and collaborative initiatives, having worked with organisations large and small to help them build diverse and capable communities of data scientists.
Jonah’s career highlights include:
- Extending the reach and sustainability of The Carpentries– a global research and training non-profit organisation through building relationships, which resulted in 80 dues-paying member organisations in 10 countries
- Architecture and development of open-source research support infrastructure used in over USD $36.5M worth of funded research projects
His focus within AbacusBio is:
- Geospatial analysis
- Open source analytics tools and systems
- ICT system strategy and architecting
- Delivering engaging and impactful technical training
- Building train-the-trainer programmes