Jude is an accomplished problem-solver with ideas and she has the tenacity to bring them to life. Her analytical mind, excellent attention to detail, and commercial acumen make her an outstanding consultant at AbacusBio. Jude specialises in genetics, modelling, and software development. She is also skilled in communicating complex information clearly, which streamlines and enhances any undertaking.
Jude joined AbacusBio in 2007. She holds leading governance and management roles across a diverse portfolio of agri-bio and agri-tech projects. Jude has a real interest in the practical application of greenhouse gas emission models, and also focuses on cost-benefit analyses and the impact of DNA technology on farm production outcomes. She has also had a lead role in the development and delivery of AbacusBio’s in-house innovations, including Abacus Accelerator and the Alliance Group hoofprint software system.
Jude’s career highlights include:
- Working with industry to develop and implement practical greenhouse gas models for government and industry
- Pan sector industry modelling of the NZ sheep, beef and dairy sectors
- Internal system optimisation – enabling effective client and project management
Her focus within AbacusBio is:
- Practical application of DNA based tests in the livestock industry
- Greenhouse gas emission modelling pertaining to livestock farming
- Cost benefit analysis of new technologies
- Project management
Projects involved in:
- Sheep and beef breeding
- Alliance Group hoofprint™
- New apps for the deer industry
- Dairy genetics to address climate change