Luna specialises in building mathematically-driven models for delivering business insights.
She has a fierce passion for communicating data to different audience groups using personalised visuals and storytelling techniques.
Originally from China and having spent some time in the US, Luna prides herself on having an open and curious mind and is excited about her role in improving global agriculture. Her broad experience in genomics, genetics, statistics, machine learning, and bioinformatics will walk the talk for you.
美国佐治亚州立大学动物遗传育种博士，美国俄亥俄州立大学动物遗传育种硕士，中国农业大学动物科学技术学士。AbacusBio中国市场经理。主要领域为经济选择指数的应用、基因组育种、遗传评估、混合模型、育种流水软件开发、机器学习和生物信息。与Peter Amer博士合作发明了选择指数的分组加权比重，被美国国家农业部奶牛育种采用。读博期间发表了single-step GBLUP的加权算法，被各国育种产业广泛采用。
Her career highlights are:
- Practical application of single-step GBLUP, R and bash programming, prediction modelling, and genomic structural variation detection
- Her work with Dr Peter Amer on weighted selection index emphasis has been adopted by USDA and has been considered by New Zealand, Irish and Australian companies
- Her weighted single-step GBLUP algorithm has been widely used by livestock industries in their genomic breeding programs
Her focus within AbacusBio is:
- Selection index
- Genetic evaluation
- Shiny app development
- Genetic parameter estimation
- Mathematical modelling
- Breeding programme design