Mark is an IT manager and a consultant with a remarkable track record. With over 14 years of commercial experience in New Zealand and London, across the health, energy, banking, and agri-tech sectors, Mark is naturally the go-to expert for advising clients on leveraging IT to meet their business needs.
Mark joined AbacusBio in 2012, offering his specialist expertise across the Microsoft stack of technologies and their cloud platform Azure. He enjoys challenging himself and gets excited about designing, building, and implementing IT solutions for clients, regardless of industry and discipline.
Mark’s career highlights include:
- Consulting for a client in Northern Ireland, combining multiple databases from the dairy, beef, and sheep industries into a central platform
- Developing a Universal Windows Application for a meat processing company in Australia and migrating AbacusBio’s infrastructure, document management system, and SharePoint intranet onto the Office365 platform
- Successfully delivered an on-farm and factory data capture and analysis application for a client in New Zealand for an aquaculture client, which has a database of more than 20 years of breeding information
- Lead developer of the AbacusBio Hoofprint application, which is used to determine on-farm carbon footprint of New Zealand farming systems
His focus within AbacusBio is:
- Designing and implementing web applications using the latest Microsoft technologies
- Coordinating software development projects
- Initiating and driving major changes in programs, procedures and methodology
Projects involved in:
- New Zealand King Salmon
- AbacusBio loves Otago Polytechnic
- Mobile application to assist in feedlot cattle selection
- Alliance Group hoofprint™
- Location-tracking software for employees
- Web-based app to improve deer fertility
- Dtreo: The easiest way to build your own genetics database!
- New apps for the deer industry
- Dtreo breeding software into Ethiopia and Tanzania