Richard joined AbacusBio in 2021, offering an extensive track record in governance and management across a range of sectors including international seed marketing, dairy farming, beekeeping, honey marketing, retirement villages, and the not-for-profit sector.
Richard’s key strengths lie in strategy and being clear around purpose, as well as governance oversight to drive performance. He is currently Chair of AGMARDT, Headwaters NZ, and a director on High Health Alliance and the Canterbury/Westland division of the Cancer Society.
He also serves as an independent director on several large-scale farming businesses across arable, dairy, deer, and sheep and beef throughout New Zealand.
His focus within AbacusBio is:
- Strategy and vision development
- Ongoing risk mitigation and ensuring succession around key roles
- Reviewing the performance of the business
- Helping plan and manage growth
- Reporting to shareholders